Attorney | Clearwater, Florida
“Cross Examination is the greatest lie detector ever invented.”
California Western School of Law, J.D., 1983
University of South Florida, B.A., 1979
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Colorado
The Florida Bar
Clearwater Bar Association
Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
Barney Masterson American Inn of Court: President – 2003-2004; Member – 1999 – present
Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
Distinctions & Awards
- Martindale Hubbell, AV rating
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2011-present)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2010-present)
- Best Lawyers in America (2013-present)
- Avvo Rating 10.0/10.0
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Graduate (2012)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow (2013- present)
- The Barney Award: Presented by the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court to the trial lawyer who demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, civility, and legal excellence in the practice of law (2014)
- California Western Law Review Staff Writer and Notes and Comments Editor (1981-1983)
- Life Chess Master, United States Chess Federation (2001 – present)
- Chess Master, United States Chess Federation (1985 – present)
- Special Services Award, United States Chess Federation (2005)
- American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure, California Western School of Law (1981)
Florida Trust Litigation
Our lawyers litigate disputes on behalf of beneficiaries, trustees, and other interested parties. He handles trust contests, trustee removal, and breach of trust actions.
Florida Probate Litigation
Even the best estate planning can potentially spawn disagreements between beneficiaries, heirs, or other interested parties. We can assist in challenging an estate plan, defending a will contest, or lawsuits relating to personal representatives.
We handle causes of action for breach of fiduciary duty relating to powers of attorney, caretakers, family members, trustees, and personal representatives.
Florida Securities Litigation
We have extensive experience in Florida representing customers against brokers, broker-dealers, investment advisors, and financial advisors.
Complex Commercial Litigation
We handle a broad range of business litigation matters including contract disputes, shareholder actions, and challenges to director or manager efforts.
We understand alternative methods of resolving disputes. Our firm has civil mediators and can help with mediating a variety of civil litigation matters.
Contact Us About Your Case
Our law firm serves the Tampa Bay Area. We have two offices conveniently located in Clearwater and St. Petersburg. We handle matters in Pinellas, Pasco, and Hillsborough Counties. Please give us a call if you need assistance with a matter.
If you would like to discuss your legal issue, please do not hesitate to contact our attorneys. We are available by phone at (727) 796-7666 or by using the email contact form below.